Homemade Vegan Oil-Free Granola
Enjoy this recipe as a meal for breakfast or a mid day snack. It’s super quick to make and easy to snack on when in a rush. It’s packed with protein, fiber and iron. It will fill you up and give you the energy you need to last through the day.
Homemade oil-free vegan granola
- 5 Cups Old fashioned oats
- 5 Tbsp peanut butter
- Sprinkle salt
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 Cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/8 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/8 Cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Add oats to a mixing bowl.
- Mix in peanut butter.
- Add molasses, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Add raisins, coconut flakes, and walnuts.
- Cover a flat baking pan with aluminum foil and spread the mix on the pan.
Tip: You can warm up the peanut butter and molasses in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl before adding it to the oats. This can make it easier to mix. You can also add some cocoa powder for a chocolaty treat.
benefits of granola
Oats (medical news today.com)
Reduces risk of colon cancer
Peanut butter (medical news today.com)
Reduce risk of breast cancer
Molasses (medical news today.com)
Lowers blood pressure
Low glycemic index so no spike in blood suger
Hemp seeds (webmd.com)
Pumpkin seeds (webmd.com)
Improve brain function
Cinnamon (health line.com)
Lower blood sugar levels
Helps fight bacterial and fungal infections
Nutmeg (health line.com)
Improve liver health
This post contains some Affiliate links. If you click on the link I will receive an Affiliate commission at no extra charge to you. I appreciate all of your support.
The Wholehearted Mom Wellness Centre
The Dear Angry Mom Program
– Becoming a calm, no-yelling mom in 30 days, even when your kids drive you crazy and you’re feeling burnout. A simple, practical 4 weeks.Led by a registered social worker and mom herself.